[OpenAFS] Current OpenAFS Backup Recommendations

Holger Rauch holger.rauch@empic.de
Thu, 17 Dec 2009 20:41:17 +0100

--wq9mPyueHGvFACwf

Hi,

I've got a HP StorageWorks auto loader with LTO3 tape drives connected
to a HP ProLiant server running Debian Lenny with OpenAFS 1.4.11
(obtained via backports.org).

What open source & commercial backup solutions are

a) aware of OpenAFS
b) can handle autoloaders well

?

I should perhaps clarify that by solutions I don't mean just
wrapper scripts around tar/rsync, etc. but dedicated backup suites
like Bacula (that would have been my first shot, but I don't know
whether it works well with OpenAFS).

What's the current status regarding OpenAFS backup solutions?

Thanks in advance for any hints/pointers.

Kind regards,

     Holger

--wq9mPyueHGvFACwf

--wq9mPyueHGvFACwf--