[OpenAFS] Current OpenAFS Backup Recommendations

Simon Wilkinson sxw@inf.ed.ac.uk
Thu, 17 Dec 2009 19:58:56 +0000

On 17 Dec 2009, at 19:41, Holger Rauch wrote:

> a) aware of OpenAFS
> b) can handle autoloaders well

We're using Teradactyl's TiBS with an autoloader for our production
backup service.

> I should perhaps clarify that by solutions I don't mean just
> wrapper scripts around tar/rsync, etc. but dedicated backup suites
> like Bacula (that would have been my first shot, but I don't know
> whether it works well with OpenAFS).

Bacula doesn't currently know much about OpenAFS. I believe a number
of people have talked about adding this functionality, but I'm not
sure if anyone has actually completed the work.

Cheers,

Simon.