[OpenAFS] Read-Write Disconnected Mode - How does it work?

Simon Wilkinson sxw@inf.ed.ac.uk
Sun, 1 Feb 2009 00:15:36 +0000

On 1 Feb 2009, at 00:10, William McCabe wrote:

> Thanks for the information. To operate on the files while the
> volume is disconnected, do you need to have the server software
> installed, or do all of these commands work with the client?

These commands all work with the client only - you don't need any
server software installed on your local machine, and disconnected
operation requires no changes to your fileservers.

I should have added that the bulk of the testing to date has been
done on Linux. The code is known to work on Darwin. To my knowledge
no testing at all has been done of disconnected operations on any of
our other platforms.

S.