[OpenAFS] Read-Write Disconnected Mode - How does it work?

Simon Wilkinson sxw@inf.ed.ac.uk
Sun, 1 Feb 2009 16:37:37 +0000

On 1 Feb 2009, at 15:55, Jason Edgecombe wrote:

> Simon Wilkinson wrote:
>> I've so far run a number of file system test utilities against
>> disconnected mode, as well as using it for some day to day work,
>> and a large number of package builds. I'm not currently aware of
>> any way to break the current code. There are some additional fixes
>> in CVS, over the 1.5.57 release, so if you are interested in
>> testing, using the tip of the 1.5 branch is a good place to start.
> Hi Simon,
>
> How can I build an RPM for Fedora 10 from the 1.5 CVS branch?

The simplest way is to install the 1.5.57 SRPM from /afs/inf.ed.ac.uk/
group/afsbuild/1.5.57/openafs-1.5.57-1.1.1.src.rpm
Then replace the src tarball with one obtained from a CVS checkout,
and change the release field in the SPEC file to something that
indicates the date of that checkout. You can then rebuild the SRPM
using the normal rpmbuild commands.

Once the patches for bugs 124272 and 124273 (which I've just submitted
to make the stuff in the tree match what I'm using for packaging),
you'll be able to use the src/packaging/RedHat/makesrpm.pl script to
generate a SRPM from a source tree, in the same way as for the 1.4.x
branch.

S.