[OpenAFS] Client machine hangs after OpenAFS server restart!

Vishnu Ram vishnuramv@gmail.com
Mon, 2 Feb 2009 18:55:17 +0530

--0016e64af2ae5524dd0461ef7c4e

I've set up OpenAFS server and client on two different machines, with CentOS
5.2 as the operating system.
I'm using OpenAFS for mounting the user home directories. I could login and
work with the mounted home directory, but
the client machine hangs after I restart the OpenAFS server.  The client
machine hangs completely and only option is to do a hard reboot. I use
applications such as kmail, firefox, openoffice, etc. in the client machine.
My objective is to setup highly available user home directories with
OpenAFS.

Regards,
Vishnu

--0016e64af2ae5524dd0461ef7c4e

I&#39;ve set up OpenAFS server and client on two different machines, with CentOS 5.2 as the operating system.<br>I&#39;m using OpenAFS for mounting the user home directories. I could login and work with the mounted home directory, but<br>
the client machine hangs after I restart the OpenAFS server.&nbsp; The client machine hangs completely and only option is to do a hard reboot. I use applications such as kmail, firefox, openoffice, etc. in the client machine.<br>

--0016e64af2ae5524dd0461ef7c4e--