[OpenAFS] AFS FileServer and Heartbeat

Steven Jenkins steven.jenkins@gmail.com
Mon, 2 Feb 2009 23:46:50 -0500

On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 9:13 AM, Cristina Bulfon
<cristina.bulfon@roma1.infn.it> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We'd like to configure AFS Fileserver using  heartbeat in active/passive
> mode.
> On the heartbeat side we have the following haresource file
>
> afsitfs3.roma1.infn.it  IPaddr2::Y.Y.Y.Y/24/eth0:0
> afsitfs3.roma1.infn.it  drbddisk::r0  Filesystem::/dev/drbd1::/vicepa::xfs
> afsitfs3.roma1.infn.it  drbddisk::r1  Filesystem::/dev/drbd2::/usr/afs::ext3
> afsitfs3.roma1.infn.it         Y.Y.Y.Y   afs
>
> On the afs side we've also configured the NetInfo and the NetRestrict
> file, in the NetInfo we put the IP address stored on VLDB server ( in this
> case Y.Y.Y.Y) while in the NetRestrict put the IP addresses of the two
> servers.
>
> The problem is that everything is working fine inside the LAN  but If I try
> to execute a simple command like "ls"  from outiside the LAN I got
>
> Connection Timed Out
>
> If we look at the FileLog file we saw that the Fileserver takes the IP and
> hostname as the real server instead of the virtual one.
> Mon Feb  2 13:18:37 2009 FileServer host name is 'afsitfs3.roma1.infn.it
> Mon Feb  2 13:18:37 2009 FileServer afsitfs3.roma1.infn.it has address
> 141.108.26.29 (0x1d1a6c8d or 0x8d6c1a1d in host byte order)

This implies an error in the NetRestrict file -- it should contain the
address of the IP of the actual server.  Could you provide the actual
contents of the NetInfo and NetRestrict files?  That would aid in
debugging this problem.

--
Steven Jenkins
End Point Corporation