[OpenAFS] encrypted volumes

David Bear David.Bear@asu.edu
Thu, 5 Feb 2009 18:09:09 -0700

--0015175cb9380c40d8046235abd1

Has there ever been much discussion  on created encrypted volumes?  These
would work like a local encrypted file system - without they key, they are
useless.  I'm thinking that you might need an fs setkey or something like
that to insert the key into the cache manager.. fs mkmount could have a
switch that would specify it was an encrypted volume..

simple musing...

--
David Bear
College of Public Programs at ASU

--0015175cb9380c40d8046235abd1

&nbsp;These would work like a local encrypted file system - without they ke=
y, they are useless. &nbsp;I&#39;m thinking that you might need an fs setke=
y or something like that to insert the key into the cache manager.. fs mkmo=
unt could have a switch that would specify it was an encrypted volume..</p>
f Public Programs at ASU<br>602-464-0424<br>

--0015175cb9380c40d8046235abd1--