[OpenAFS] openafs and screen command - loosing tokens

Vladimir Konrad v.konrad@lse.ac.uk
Fri, 13 Feb 2009 13:19:27 +0000

Hello,

I (+ my users) would like to run long running jobs under "screen" command, but currently
the job looses access to afs after a user logs out.

I tried running kinit + aklog within the "screen" session, but this makes no difference.

Is there a way to open a screen command and get tokens specific to this session? I guess this
is related to -setpag, but this is not reliable AFAIK.

The platforms in question are:

Debian Etch - on the servers, with AFS client version 1.4.7
Debian Etch or Lenny on the desktops.

Kind regards,

Vlad

------