[OpenAFS] Running a local openafs fileserver without kerberos.

William McCabe wlm020279@yahoo.com
Mon, 16 Feb 2009 08:57:44 -0800 (PST)

--0-2080265612-1234803464=:91081

Openafs users,

I would like to run an openafs fileserver on my laptop while it is disconnected. How can I do this with the least amount of overhead?

Ideally, it would function in the following way. While disconnected from the internet I could login to my laptop and use my home directory on an openafs volume. When I reconnect it would start sharing out files to the rest of the openafs cell and I would need tokens to access my home directory.

Is this possible? Also is there any software out there that can read and write an openafs volume without having install a full fledged openafs fileserver?

Thanks,

Bill