[OpenAFS] AFS, dates and Windows

David R Boldt dboldt@usgs.gov
Fri, 20 Feb 2009 12:59:03 -0500

--=_alternative 0062CAA485257563_=

My background is Unix and so the treatment of date/time by
Windows and its interaction with AFS is a bit fuzzy to me.

My understanding for Unix is that of the three dates normally
stored, atime, ctime and mtime, when saving to AFS, stores
mtime.

Windows seems to store at least two dates, a creation date
and a modified date.  Anecdotal evidence suggests that
Windows, or at least some applications within Windows,
store the creation date in the single AFS date/time slot.

Some light on my state of information darkness would be
greatly appreciated.

   -- David Boldt

--=_alternative 0062CAA485257563_=

by<br>
Windows and its interaction with AFS is a bit fuzzy to me.<br>
My understanding for Unix is that of the three dates normally<br>
stored, atime, ctime and mtime, when saving to AFS, stores<br>
mtime.<br>
Windows seems to store at least two dates, a creation date<br>
and a modified date. &nbsp;Anecdotal evidence suggests that<br>
Windows, or at least some applications within Windows,<br>
store the creation date in the single AFS date/time slot.<br>
Some light on my state of information darkness would be<br>
greatly appreciated.<br>
 &nbsp; -- David Boldt<br>
--=_alternative 0062CAA485257563_=--