[OpenAFS] Problem with OpenAFS on Vista x86

Wed, 31 Dec 2008 21:25:41 -0500

Paul Accisano wrote:
> Hi Jeffery,
>
> Here's the AFS part of the output of nbtstat -n. ("Mahoka" is the
> computer name)
>
> AFS:
> Node IpAddress: [10.254.254.253] Scope Id: []
>
>                NetBIOS Local Name Table
>
>       Name               Type         Status
>    ---------------------------------------------
>    MAHOKA         <00>  UNIQUE      Registered
>    WORKGROUP      <00>  GROUP       Registered
>    MAHOKA         <20>  UNIQUE      Registered
>    WORKGROUP      <1E>  GROUP       Registered
>    AFS            <20>  UNIQUE      Registered
>    WORKGROUP      <1D>  UNIQUE      Registered
>    ..__MSBROWSE__.<01>  GROUP       Registered
>
> I don't see anything unusual-looking in afsd_init.log; tell me if
> posting it would be helpful.

turn off "file and printer sharing" on the loopback adapter.

You can't have two SMB File servers on the same device.
You have MAHOKA and AFS.  All of the traffic meant for
the AFS SMB server is ending up on the Windows CIFS File Share.

Jeffrey Altman