[OpenAFS] Problem with OpenAFS on Vista x86

Paul Accisano shiningmasamune@gmail.com
Wed, 31 Dec 2008 21:37:39 -0500

Jeffrey Altman wrote:
> Paul Accisano wrote:
>
>> Hi Jeffery,
>>
>> Here's the AFS part of the output of nbtstat -n. ("Mahoka" is the
>> computer name)
>>
>> AFS:
>> Node IpAddress: [10.254.254.253] Scope Id: []
>>
>>                NetBIOS Local Name Table
>>
>>       Name               Type         Status
>>    ---------------------------------------------
>>    MAHOKA         <00>  UNIQUE      Registered
>>    WORKGROUP      <00>  GROUP       Registered
>>    MAHOKA         <20>  UNIQUE      Registered
>>    WORKGROUP      <1E>  GROUP       Registered
>>    AFS            <20>  UNIQUE      Registered
>>    WORKGROUP      <1D>  UNIQUE      Registered
>>    ..__MSBROWSE__.<01>  GROUP       Registered
>>
>> I don't see anything unusual-looking in afsd_init.log; tell me if
>> posting it would be helpful.
>>

> turn off "file and printer sharing" on the loopback adapter.
>
> You can't have two SMB File servers on the same device.
> You have MAHOKA and AFS.  All of the traffic meant for
> the AFS SMB server is ending up on the Windows CIFS File Share.
>
> Jeffrey Altman

I deleted the loopback adapter and reinstalled, that seems to have taken
care of that problem.  Except my original problem still remains.  Take a
look at my reply to Jason.  Here's my nbtstat -n after reinstalling: