[OpenAFS] Problem with OpenAFS on Vista x86

Paul Accisano shiningmasamune@gmail.com
Thu, 01 Jan 2009 13:11:14 -0500

Jeffrey Altman wrote:
> Paul Accisano wrote:
>

>> Finally, here's an extremely telling bit of information: not only do I
>> lose access to \\afs when I connect to VPN, but I also lose access to
>> all other comptuers on my network except the only other one that's
>> running Vista.  What's more, I don't regain access even when I
>> disconnect from VPN!  Rebooting seems to be the only cure after I've
>> connected to VPN once.  Unfortunately, this suggests to me that it's
>> some kind of Vista --><-- VPN conflict, which means I'm getting outside
>> of your area of expertise here...  Any ideas?
>>

> Reconfigure the Cisco VPN entry for NJIT to permit access to the local
> area network.

No change.  I was pretty excited when I saw that check box in the VPN
settings, but it doesn't seem to have any effect; I checked it,
rebooted, VPN'ed, and the same thing happened.  All my non-Vista
computers vanish, along with \\afs, and don't come back until I reboot.

--Paul