[OpenAFS] Problem with OpenAFS on Vista x86

Christopher D. Clausen cclausen@acm.org
Sat, 3 Jan 2009 10:08:50 -0600

Paul Accisano <shiningmasamune@gmail.com> wrote:
> Jeffrey Altman wrote:
>> Paul Accisano wrote:
>>> Finally, here's an extremely telling bit of information: not only
>>> do I lose access to \\afs when I connect to VPN, but I also lose
>>> access to all other comptuers on my network except the only other
>>> one that's running Vista.  What's more, I don't regain access even
>>> when I disconnect from VPN!  Rebooting seems to be the only cure
>>> after I've connected to VPN once.  Unfortunately, this suggests to
>>> me that it's some kind of Vista --><-- VPN conflict, which means
>>> I'm getting outside of your area of expertise here...  Any ideas?
>>
>> Reconfigure the Cisco VPN entry for NJIT to permit access to the
>> local area network.
>  No change.  I was pretty excited when I saw that check box in the VPN
> settings, but it doesn't seem to have any effect; I checked it,
> rebooted, VPN'ed, and the same thing happened.  All my non-Vista
> computers vanish, along with \\afs, and don't come back until I
> reboot.

What version of the Cisco VPN client are you using?

What happens if you wait and start the OpenAFS client service after you
are connected to the VPN?  (Leave the OpenAFS service in the "manual"
state instead of "automatic" and then start it after you are connected
to the VPN.)

<<CDC