[OpenAFS] Strange interaction with OpenAFS and Internet Explorer 7

John Perkins john@cs.wisc.edu
Thu, 15 Jan 2009 17:05:47 -0600

We're running OpenAFS 1.5.56 at our site on Windows XP SP3 systems.
Just recently we updated Internet Explorer to version 7.

After IE7 came along, Excel spreadsheets will no longer load out of AFS.
  Copying them to the local disk and opening works fine.  This is with
Office 2007.

Has anyone else here had similar issues and/or know of a fix for this
situation?

    John Perkins                   |   University of Wisconsin-Madison
    Researcher                     |   Department of Computer Science
    john@cs.wisc.edu               |   1210 W. Dayton St.
    608-262-0438/608-262-6626 FAX  |   Madison, WI  53706-1685