[OpenAFS] Strange interaction with OpenAFS and Internet Explorer 7

John Perkins john@cs.wisc.edu
Thu, 15 Jan 2009 17:43:39 -0600

John Perkins wrote:
> We're running OpenAFS 1.5.56 at our site on Windows XP SP3 systems. Just
> recently we updated Internet Explorer to version 7.
>
> After IE7 came along, Excel spreadsheets will no longer load out of AFS.
>  Copying them to the local disk and opening works fine.  This is with
> Office 2007.
>
> Has anyone else here had similar issues and/or know of a fix for this
> situation?

Never mind, folks...turns out we had a faulty setting in
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell
Folders\Cache and
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell
Folders\Cache  (was set to C:\\temp rather than C:\temp...Excel 2007
and/or IE7 gets upset with the double-backslash).

Sorry to bother everyone...

    John Perkins                   |   University of Wisconsin-Madison
    Researcher                     |   Department of Computer Science
    john@cs.wisc.edu               |   1210 W. Dayton St.
    608-262-0438/608-262-6626 FAX  |   Madison, WI  53706-1685