[OpenAFS] Linux Kernel change disables AFS

Simon Wilkinson sxw@inf.ed.ac.uk
Tue, 20 Jan 2009 20:30:22 +0000

On 20 Jan 2009, at 20:15, dave first wrote:

> I see now that there is no all ready compiled kmod available for
> kernel .22.  We do not have a AFS auto-configured.  I believe others
> in my group had early issues with that, so opted for the available
> kmods.

There is a kmod available, it's just not publicly listed (updating the
HTML on the OpenAFS website is significantly harder than just updating
rpms in the repository, so the website is updated less regularly than
the repository).

Go to http://dl.openafs.org/dl/openafs/1.4.8/rhel5/ and you can
download modules for all RHEL5/CentOS5 kernels.

However, you said in your message that you were using
2.6.18-92.1.22.el5.centos.plus, which is a centos plus kernel module.
I'm not sure whether the OpenAFS modules will work with these kernels
or not. Unless you require features that are only compiled into Centos
Plus, I'd strongly recommend just using the standard CentOS kernels.

Hope that helps,

Simon.