[OpenAFS] Hang on shutdown with OSX ?

Ken Hornstein kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Fri, 23 Jan 2009 09:37:20 -0500

>I'm running openafs 1.4.8 on OSX 10.5, on a late 2008 MacBookPro
>(intel). I'm new to OSX (but familiar with AFS on linux) so please
>bear with me.
>
>After installing AFS, I am experiencing occasional hangs when shutting
>down the machine - I have to do a hard reset.
>
>I have a suspicion that AFS is causing this, but no proof. It tends to
>happen after I have been using AFS more extensively than when I
>haven't. I'm new not sure how to go about debugging this, or just
>testing if it is AFS causing the problem or not.

I have been experiencing the exact same thing, on all of the Macs that
I own, for a long, long time.

It happens infrequently enough that I can never be sure that AFS is
the problem.  I'm not sure how to debug it either (to confirm or deny that
AFS is the problem would be a good first start), but if anyone has any
ideas, I'd be glad to hear them.

--Ken