[OpenAFS] getting openafs for linux distro de jour (aka debian)

David Bear David.Bear@asu.edu
Fri, 23 Jan 2009 11:22:12 -0700

--000e0cd40330c0634e04612a7734

One of the biggest pains  with openafs is getting it  in an install package
for linux -- yes, red hat rpms are available at openafs.org -- but every
other year when I update my Suse Desktop, I have to search  for rpm's to get
it installed in Suse ..

Yes, there are problems with vendors and the way the distribute their linux
de jour .... and today that linux is Debian.

One of our students bought an eeepc (cute laptop, under 3 points, with a
debian variant), wanting to get openafs running.

Can anyone tell me where we might find an openafs deb package ??  AND how to
make apt-get openafs grab everything needfull for a client install (included
the kernel module) work?

I'm a debian idiot ... BTW, we did find something at debian.org that
suggested adding a repository to an /etc/apt... forgot the name -- but it
didn't work.

Sorry this is a half rant... I just hate how much work it is to use openafs
on linux..

--
David Bear
College of Public Programs at ASU

--000e0cd40330c0634e04612a7734

stall package for linux -- yes, red hat rpms are available at <a href=3D"ht=
tp://openafs.org">openafs.org</a> -- but every other year when I update my =
Suse Desktop, I have to search &nbsp;for rpm&#39;s to get it installed in S=
use ..&nbsp;</p>
nux de jour .... and today that linux is Debian.&nbsp;<br clear=3D"all"></p=
a debian variant), wanting to get openafs running.&nbsp;</p>
ND how to make apt-get openafs grab everything needfull for a client instal=
l (included the kernel module) work?</p><p>I&#39;m a debian idiot ... BTW, =
we did find something at <a href=3D"http://debian.org">debian.org</a> that =
suggested adding a repository to an /etc/apt... forgot the name -- but it d=
idn&#39;t work.&nbsp;</p>
U<br>602-464-0424<br>

--000e0cd40330c0634e04612a7734--