[OpenAFS] getting openafs for linux distro de jour (aka debian)

Jonathan N Bersuder bersuder@physics.unc.edu
Fri, 23 Jan 2009 14:43:09 -0500 (EST)

Kevin is correct, and those packages should be installed.
However the commands he gives are slightly off, unless there have been
major changes in the module-assistant command. The most foolproof way to
get the openafs module installed for the kernal is to do the following as
root, once the packages Kevin mentioned have been installed:

# aptitude install module-assistant
# m-a prepare
# m-a -t a-i openafs-module
# aptitude install openafs-client