[OpenAFS] OpenAFS Windows Client not able to access directory

Karen Eldredge karen.eldredge@infoprint.com
Mon, 13 Jul 2009 11:19:59 -0600

>Network Identity Manager does not have "fs flushv" or "fs checkv"
>commands.  What do you actually mean?

Sorry for the confusion. We used Windows Explore and then went to the AFS
directory, right clicked and then went to AFS and then went to either Flush
Volume or Refresh name/ID map.

>What version of OpenAFS for Windows is being used?

1.5.33

>If afsd_service.exe is restarting, it means that it crashed.  There will be a
afsd.dmp file generated that can be >examined to determine why it crashed.

>If you have a crash, or a bug, open a bug report at openafs-bugs@openafs.org.
Do not keep it to yourself.  If you >do, it will never be fixed.

Didn't see if there was an afsd.dmp, but when it happens again we will look for
it.  The client that was having issues is working now.  We ended up running fs
checkservers, and got a message it couldn't contact one of our AFS fileservers.
Then we ran fs flushv and fs checkv in root.cell.  After that we ran fs
checkservers without any errors and then we were able to access the AFS
directory that we had issues with.

"This message and any attachments are solely for the intended recipient and may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, use, or distribution of the information included in this message and any attachments is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us by reply e-mail and immediately and permanently delete this message and any attachments. Thank you." _____________________________________________________________________________