[OpenAFS] kopenafs.h and libkopenafs question on status

Douglas E. Engert deengert@anl.gov
Fri, 05 Jun 2009 10:26:06 -0500

Mike Coyne wrote:
> I have been working on getting globus=92s gatekeeper,grid-ftp,gsi-ssh e=
tc.=20
> To work correctly with setting pag=92s an shelling gssklog.=20

I have not been involved with Globus for years, but wrote gsiklog and the=
gssklog and much of the Globus gatekeeper for Globus version 1.1.3. The i=
ntent
was for the gatekeeper to call gssklog to get a PAG and token, and it sho=
uld
have been working in that verison. So I am curious to what has happened s=
ince
then that requires you have to redo the code.

I noticed
> verifying a bug fix=20
> http://rt.central.org/rt/Ticket/Display.hml?id=3D124709   that when I=20
> built a current snapshot with the diff that the kopenafs libs and heade=
r=20
> file was bult and installed . Will this show up In the release or=20
> =93features=94 versions? It appears to be maintained since abut 2006 an=
d=20
> would be quit usefull it will be available .
>=20
>=20
> To refraze  the question I have calling lsetpag() after some stats on=20
> the /afs directory to see if its there.

The original gssklog provided a version of lsetpag in gafstoken.c that
trapped signals if the AFS syscall failed, i.e. AFS was not present on
the machine. Thus it dod not need any AFS libraries. This was long before
k_hasafs which might be a beter choice.

  And hard linking In lilbsys.a
>  but if the prefered  interface is  k_hasafs() and k_setpag() should I=20
> switch.
>=20
> =20
>=20