[OpenAFS] kopenafs.h and libkopenafs question on status

mike coyne mike.coyne@paccar.com
Fri, 05 Jun 2009 11:33:04 -0500

For some background , the version of globus we are using is from the VDT
distibution http://vdt.cs.wisc.edu/  , This a prepackaged globus 4.0.8
as patched by vdt from various sources.
http://vdt.cs.wisc.edu/software/globus/4.0.8_VDT-1.10.1/globus-patched-sour=
ce.tar.gz is the source from vdt.

My Initial problems with the gatekeeper was that using the external
shell service with globus_k5 ( i believe orignaly written to shell out
and get a kerberos token in from gram ), the call to gssklog -setpag
didn't work as the lsetpag function can't change its parent process at
least for linux. So i setout to add a call to lsetpag in globus_k5 prior
to execv 'ing the call to "gssklog" described in its private mapfile.

in had a similar problem in the globus-gridftp-server , int the
globus_i_gridftp_server.c i added some calls to save the current creds,
do a lsetpag, shell a call to gssklog , and the unlink the credintial
cache so a user could do a globus-url-copy to there home directory in
afs.=20

then for wsgram i added the lsetpag and shell to gssklog into the
globus_gridmap_and_execute .c source so that when web stuff fires off
sudo to switch and run as a user, calling globus_gridmap_and_execute
inline so it get their afs token in a new pag in the process and
verifies there creds in the gridmapfile.=20

I probably went about this the hard way but so far it seems to work.=20