[OpenAFS] Re: Notes on how to get filedrawers minimally working with R/W AFS access on Debian (at least).

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Sun, 07 Jun 2009 14:18:24 -0700

Adam Megacz <megacz@hcoop.net> writes:

> FWIW, this is probably way out of date.  If the filedrawers folks are
> interested in distributing my debianization as part of the package (so
> it remains up to date), I will update it for them.

This is generally not a good idea unless the upstream developers use
Debian actively and maintain it.  Instead, it's usually better for the
Debian packager to maintain a separate revision control repository that
has the packaging information.

Getting Filedrawers into Debian proper is one of my goals, and I'm happy
to find people here at Stanford to help with that.

> Yeah, this is because both the Apache1 module and the Apache2 module
> are built from the same source package.
>
> If there are any Debian wizards out there who know how to make a
> multiple-binary-packages-from-one-source-package that lets you
> selectively build some of the binary packages but not others, and
> doesn't require you to have the Build-Depends's for the packages you
> haven't selected, please let me know.  This might not be possible.

Debian hasn't supported Apache 1 for years.  The best solution is
probably to drop the Apache 1 support completely.