[OpenAFS] how to change openafs server ip address?

Felix Frank Felix.Frank@Desy.de
Mon, 2 Mar 2009 08:31:43 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

this is from the top of my hat but here's what definitely needed to do as
far as I can see it:
- on all your servers (file+DB), change the VLDB server addresses
 	-> bos removehost <server> 117.108.x.x
 	-> bos addhost <server> 140.109.x.x
- bring the server up with the new IP address and configuration
- restart all ubik processes (vlserver,ptserver)
- distribute new CellServDB to all clients

The vos changeaddr should not be critical, for as long as the VLDB entries
contain wrong IP addresses, the fileserver is simply unavailable.

I've never tried this so I have no ideas how clients will react.
fs checkvolumes might clean up any mess they might run into.

Best of luck
Felix