[OpenAFS] Windows XP event log warning entry with ID 4117 and 4133

Mon, 09 Mar 2009 21:24:49 -0400

David Bear wrote:

> Is there any news on when we can kill for ever the SMB client and have a
> pure IFS AFS client? I thought this was set to be release (in beta
> version) last december?

If I felt it was stable enough for general users to be putting on their
system I would have released a beta.  Its not.  We ran into a fairly
serious architectural design problem that Peter Scott and I had to
correct.  That work is nearly complete.  Hopefully in a couple of weeks
but no sooner than 1.5.58 I will be able to release a version of OpenAFS
for Windows that is dual mode (SMB and IFS) selectable at install time.

Jeffrey Altman