[OpenAFS] peak vnodes <number> (fwd)

Steven Jenkins steven.jenkins@gmail.com
Mon, 30 Mar 2009 10:13:41 -0400

On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 10:08 AM, Dimitris Zilaskos
<dzila@tassadar.physics.auth.gr> wrote:

>> I would be very interested in seeing performance numbers of the two
>> configurations (the configuration =A0you have now vs a configuration
>> when you have set -stat to be 11000 or so).
>>

> Ok, so it does not mean anything "bad":)
>
> Do you have a particular test in mine I could run to produce some useful
> results for you? This is a rather old system which is being heavily
> hammered(web server over afs serving a lots of files to the public).

I do not have a particular test in mind, but since you are
encountering that message, if you are in a position where you could do
some testing, it would be very interesting to replay your weblogs, for
example, with your current setting and with -stat set to 11000 and see
if there are any significant performance differences.

--=20
Steven Jenkins
End Point Corporation
http://www.endpoint.com/