[OpenAFS] Losing AFS token during login on Debian etch under heavy load

Jose Calhariz jose.calhariz@tagus.ist.utl.pt
Mon, 4 May 2009 18:25:40 +0100

--LZvS9be/3tNcYl/X

I have a multi-user machine, running Debian v4.0 aka etch, with home
dirs on AFS.  This machine have run for years without problems.  Now
during login the PAM system loses the AFS token, under "heavy load".
When this happens my login directory is the root directory and can't
access my home dir.  This happens without any error messages in the
usual places, and I have tried to debug aklog and didn't find any
problem.  The aklog that is run by PAM can get the AFS token, but
somewhere and sometime during PAM processing until the bash is run,=20
the AFS token is discarded. =20

What can I do to debug the cause of this problem?

List of versions:
Stock kernels from Debian etch 2.6.18 and 2.6.24
Openafs from Debian 1.4.2 and openafs module 1.4.7 from lenny

    Jose Calhariz

--=20
--
Erro de usu=E1rio: Troque o usu=E1rio e pressione qualquer tecla para conti=
nuar.

--LZvS9be/3tNcYl/X

--LZvS9be/3tNcYl/X--