[OpenAFS] Losing AFS token during login on Debian etch under heavy load

Jose Calhariz jose.calhariz@tagus.ist.utl.pt
Mon, 4 May 2009 18:54:37 +0100

--0F1p//8PRICkK4MW

On Mon, May 04, 2009 at 06:25:40PM +0100, Jose Calhariz wrote:
>=20
> I have a multi-user machine, running Debian v4.0 aka etch, with home
> dirs on AFS.  This machine have run for years without problems.  Now
> during login the PAM system loses the AFS token, under "heavy load".
> When this happens my login directory is the root directory and can't
> access my home dir.  This happens without any error messages in the
> usual places, and I have tried to debug aklog and didn't find any
> problem.  The aklog that is run by PAM can get the AFS token, but
> somewhere and sometime during PAM processing until the bash is run,=20
> the AFS token is discarded. =20

I can add another thing, during shutdown I have a Kernel OOPS from
openafs module.

>=20
> What can I do to debug the cause of this problem?
>=20
> List of versions:
> Stock kernels from Debian etch 2.6.18 and 2.6.24
> Openafs from Debian 1.4.2 and openafs module 1.4.7 from lenny
>=20
>     Jose Calhariz
>=20
>=20

     Jos=E9 Calhariz

--=20
--
Erro de usu=E1rio: Troque o usu=E1rio e pressione qualquer tecla para conti=
nuar.

--0F1p//8PRICkK4MW

--0F1p//8PRICkK4MW--