[OpenAFS] OpenAFS causes ssh_exchange_identification errors

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Tue, 05 May 2009 19:07:53 -0700

Ken Elkabany <Ken@Elkabany.com> writes:

> When using kadmin, pts, and vos to heavily configure my afs
> installation, I will often begin receiving errors such as the
> following:
>
> pts: Permission denied ; unable to create user

Not having tokens normally causes this error.

> Perplexed, I will then try to ssh into the afs fileserver, which will
> give me the following error:

This is the standard "ssh didn't work" error, which can be caused by
anything that makes ssh not work, from iptables rules to TCP wrapper
configuration to mismatches of configured authentication methods to
failure of authentication or just about anything else you can think of.