[OpenAFS] woe's installing on centos

David Bear David.Bear@asu.edu
Fri, 15 May 2009 13:37:02 -0700

--0016367f9a003307500469f968f7

Not trusting myself to make sure I had all the minor subversion kernel
numbers in place when picking an kernel mod for openafs, I decided to try to
install with yum. So I grabbed the openafs-repository rpm and installed
that:

wget
http://dl.openafs.org/dl/openafs/1.4.10/openafs-repository-1.4.10-1.noarch.rpm

sudo rpm -U openafs-repository-1.4.10-1.noarch.rpm

Then, I attempted to install openafs like this:

sudo yum install openafs-client

That yielded this:

 * base: centos.cogentcloud.com
 * updates: mirror.facebook.net
 * addons: mirror.hmc.edu
 * extras: centos.cogentcloud.com
http://dl.openafs.org/dl/openafs/1.4.10/fedora-5/i386/repodata/repomd.xml:
[Errno 14] HTTP Error 404: Not Found
Trying other mirror.
Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository:
openafs. Please verify its path and try again

So then I tried to get the rhel repository rpm with and install that.

sudo rpm -U openafs-repository-rhel-1.4.10-1.noarch.rpm
        file /etc/yum.repos.d/openafs.repo from install of
openafs-repository-rhel-1.4.10-1.noarch conflicts with file from package
openafs-repository-1.4.10-1.noarch

Since I'm too new to yum to understand how to fix this (possible bad
location in yum config?_-- and don't really understand how to fix the rpm, I
am again left fearing that I need to grab all the separate parts for openafs
and install via rpm...

Unless someone can suggest a way to make yum behave?

--
David Bear
College of Public Programs at ASU

--0016367f9a003307500469f968f7

Not trusting myself to make sure I had all the minor subversion kernel numb=
ers in place when picking an kernel mod for openafs, I decided to try to in=
stall with yum. So I grabbed the openafs-repository rpm and installed that:=
ory-1.4.10-1.noarch.rpm">http://dl.openafs.org/dl/openafs/1.4.10/openafs-re=
10-1.noarch.rpm<br>
or speeds from cached hostfile<br>=C2=A0* base: <a href=3D"http://centos.co=
gentcloud.com">centos.cogentcloud.com</a><br>
=C2=A0* updates: <a href=3D"http://mirror.facebook.net">mirror.facebook.net=
tcloud.com</a><br>
epomd.xml">http://dl.openafs.org/dl/openafs/1.4.10/fedora-5/i386/repodata/r=
epomd.xml</a>: [Errno 14] HTTP Error 404: Not Found<br>Trying other mirror.=
Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository: ope=
nafs. Please verify its path and try again<br><br>So then I tried to get th=
e rhel repository rpm with and install that.<br><br>sudo rpm -U openafs-rep=
ository-rhel-1.4.10-1.noarch.rpm<br>
=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0 file /etc/yum.repos.d/openafs.re=
po from install of openafs-repository-rhel-1.4.10-1.noarch conflicts with f=
ile from package openafs-repository-1.4.10-1.noarch<br><br>Since I&#39;m to=
o new to yum to understand how to fix this (possible bad location in yum co=
nfig?_-- and don&#39;t really understand how to fix the rpm, I am again lef=
t fearing that I need to grab all the separate parts for openafs and instal=
l via rpm... <br>

--0016367f9a003307500469f968f7--