[OpenAFS] Strange kernel messages from yesterday...

Frédéric Grelot fredericg_99@yahoo.fr
Mon, 2 Nov 2009 13:20:03 +0100 (CET)

> After some benchmarking a while ago - see here:
>
>  http://fbo.no-ip.org/cgi-bin/twiki/view/Instantafs/WhichFs
>
> I decided to use ext3 since most people I asked hadn't been happy
> with
> reiser3's stability.

I've never seen anything about ext4 (which is more and more supported by recent kernels/distributions) : is it completely deprecated for afs data store? Or does it just brings nothing more (in terms of speed, reliability...) than ext3?
I've seen enourmous improvement on disk operation on standard desktop systems only by migrating from ext3 to ext4, which is the reason why I'm asking the question to myself (and to you...).

Thanks for your answer.

Frederic.