[OpenAFS] rxk5 Mainline Issues?

Evan Macbeth emacbeth@sinenomine.net
Fri, 6 Nov 2009 12:09:50 -0500

--_000_C719C28E11C6Aemacbethsinenominenet_

Simon,

Thanks for summarizing where K5 support stands, it's great to know.

I wanted to ask for a bit more information. You said:

"There are two projects which will bring more complete Kerberos V
support to AFS (in particular, support for a wider range of encryption
types). Marcus Watt's rxk5 is functionally complete, but a number of
issues have to be addressed before it can be merged to the mainline. I
can't speak to timescales for this - I guess it depends very much on
how much time Marcus has to spend on it."

Could you expand a bit on the "number of issues" that remain if it's functi=
onally complete? Is there a published list of things that need to be in pla=
ce for something to be mainlined, in general, or are these issues only for =
Rxk5?

Thanks for the clarifications!

Evan Macbeth

--_000_C719C28E11C6Aemacbethsinenominenet_

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>rxk5 Mainline Issues?</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<FONT FACE=3D"Calibri, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial"><SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size:=
11pt'>Simon,<BR>
<BR>
Thanks for summarizing where K5 support stands, it&#8217;s great to know.<B=

<BR>
I wanted to ask for a bit more information. You said:<BR>
<BR>
&#8220;There are two projects which will bring more complete Kerberos V <BR=

support to AFS (in particular, support for a wider range of encryption <BR>
types). Marcus Watt's rxk5 is functionally complete, but a number of <BR>
issues have to be addressed before it can be merged to the mainline. I <BR>
can't speak to timescales for this - I guess it depends very much on <BR>
how much time Marcus has to spend on it.&#8221;<BR>
<BR>
Could you expand a bit on the &#8220;number of issues&#8221; that remain if=
 it&#8217;s functionally complete? Is there a published list of things that=
 need to be in place for something to be mainlined, in general, or are thes=
e issues only for Rxk5?<BR>
<BR>
Thanks for the clarifications!<BR>
<BR>
Evan Macbeth<BR>
</SPAN></FONT>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--_000_C719C28E11C6Aemacbethsinenominenet_--