[OpenAFS] Windows 1.5.66 and CellServDB issue.

Gémes Géza geza@kzsdabas.hu
Sat, 07 Nov 2009 15:31:45 +0100

--------------020600080308080502020007

Anders Magnusson írta:
> We've seen this also; and since ltu.se is not in CellServDB the 1.5.66
> client do not work (1.5.65 does).
> Can it have something to do with this change?
>
>  * Promote DNS SRV records as superior to DNS AFSDB
>    records.  Support arbitrary port numbers for vldb
>    servers.
>

> We do not have any SRV records for AFS , only AFSDB.
>
> -- Ragge

Hi,

Sorry if this is a well known thing, but what are those AFS SRV records?
Our DNS has SRV records for krb5 purposes and AFSDB records for AFS
dbservers, reading the release announcement there is a change in AFS
client behavior in looking up DNS SRV records for cell related infos,
but there is no description of any details.

Thanks

Geza
> Richard Brittain wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>  just updated to 1.5.66 on Windows XP (32-bit) (which would have been
>> less confusing if I'd caught up on the mailing list first).
>>
>> It seems that I can't connect to any file servers for cells not in the
>> CellServDB file.  I know that DNS lookups are working, because I can
>> authenticate and do things like checkservers and getserverprefs, but
>> attempts to browse into the cell gets a failure message.  'fs
>> getserverprefs' only showed db servers, no file servers.
>>
>> I usually run windows clients with an empty CellServDB file since my
>> users rarely need to get off campus, and DNS lookups avoid a file that
>> might go stale.  When I put the full public CellServDB back in place,
>> everything worked again.
>>
>> BTW, I like the reduction in functionality of afscreds - it seems more
>> natural this way, even on versions of Windows that didn't care about
>> mixing admin and non-admin functions in one tool.
>>

>> Richard

--------------020600080308080502020007

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
Anders Magnusson &iacute;rta:
  <pre wrap="">We've seen this also; and since ltu.se is not in CellServDB the 1.5.66
client do not work (1.5.65 does).
Can it have something to do with this change?

 * Promote DNS SRV records as superior to DNS AFSDB
   records.  Support arbitrary port numbers for vldb
   servers.

We do not have any SRV records for AFS , only AFSDB.

-- Ragge
  </pre>
Hi,<br>
Sorry if this is a well known thing, but what are those AFS SRV records?<br>
Our DNS has SRV records for krb5 purposes and AFSDB records for AFS
dbservers, reading the release announcement there is a change in AFS
client behavior in looking up DNS SRV records for cell related infos,
but there is no description of any details.<br>
Thanks<br>
Geza<br>
  <pre wrap="">
Richard Brittain wrote: