[OpenAFS] [openafs]Cannot Access, Copy, or Save File

Jason Edgecombe jason@rampaginggeek.com
Sun, 29 Nov 2009 09:07:59 -0500

thankzhujiao wrote:
> Hello,
> I have had openafs(1.5.66)for windows installed in my lab. The AFS server was installed on a windows 2003 with Active Directory as kerberos server.The AFS client was installed on a windows xp sp2 together with MIT kerberos client.
> I have gotten tokens successfully.I have created global AFS drive mapping "F:\afs".My AFS cell name is bnu402.com. when i tryed  to access f:\bnu402.com,there would be a warning.The warning showed that i have no right to access.But my username belongs to AFS CLIENT ADMIN group.I don't know how to fix the problem.
> Any ideas?
> Thanks a lot!

Please do not run an AFS server on windows. It is not supported. AFS
servers are supported on most Unix platforms including Linux, Solaris,
Mac OS X and many others. Please use one of those OS's for your afs server.

Quoted from Jeffrey Altman