[OpenAFS] Automatic token renewal

frederic.grelot.2004@polytechnique.org frederic.grelot.2004@polytechnique.org
Fri, 20 Nov 2009 09:04:09 +0100 (CET)

Hi people.

I just set up a basic configuration of openafs/kerberos (on a standard ubuntu karmic desktop) by roughly following the guide at http://techpubs.spinlocksolutions.com/ (quite well down actually), but I keep failing on something I can't find on the net : how to enable automatic tickets and token renewal, without requiring the user to enter "krenew -t" in a console? Is there no easier way of doing that than to have a script running at session opening that automatically calls krenew-t every, say 1 hour?
By the way, since I added the openafs module in common-session and common-auth, if after some time of inactivty ubuntu suspends my session and asks me for a password to unlock it, will it send a new query to the servers (equivalent of a "kinit&&aklog") ?

Thanks for your help.

Frederic.