[OpenAFS] sgi_65: anyone still using inode fileserver?

Derrick Brashear shadow@gmail.com
Sat, 3 Oct 2009 18:08:52 -0400

On Sat, Oct 3, 2009 at 12:17 PM, Chaz Chandler <clc31@inbox.com> wrote:
> I'm hoping to prompt a discussion about sane defaults for this platform. =
=A0From a conversation with the one other person I've found on this list wh=
o (still) runs openafs on IRIX, this was a "known" issue. =A0If not, I will=
 submit a bug. =A0If so, why is it the default config?

The person who would fix the bug would be me, and it wasn't "known" to
me. The report you did point at in your next message was lacking some
details but now I recall it and particularly wasn't able to reproduce
at the time. So, perhaps yes, we should be building namei binaries.
That of course doesn't help the people who have inode fileservers, and
I suspect the real issue boils down to "which subrelease of 6.5", much
like modern Solaris has had with ufs.

Sadly, building for irix takes forever, so building twice will
take.... well, let's just say all the Linux builds combined are
probably faster.