[OpenAFS] OpenAFS crash on Solaris 10

Douglas E. Engert deengert@anl.gov
Tue, 27 Oct 2009 14:15:53 -0500

Paulo Roberto Vieira Brand=E3o wrote:
> Hi,
>=20
> I`m woking on a cluster running Solaris 10 and I`m trying to use openaf=
s=20
> as the network file system to share data.
> At the moment, I have 2 fileservers, 1 volume server, 1 authentication=20
> server and 1 protection server.
> Both machines are clients.

What version of OpenAFS?

You says it is a cluster. Are you trying to share the AFS cache?

> They authenticate, mount the homes but when I gunzip a file, my account=
=20
> crashes.
> As root I still can log in, and see the process gunzip stopped, but it=20
> can not be killed.

Did you exceed the quota on the home directory volume?
cd to the home directory and run: fs lq .

> The partitions where AFS cache is mounted has the nologgin option activ=
ated.

Is the partition with the cache large enough, to hold the blocks listed i=
/usr/vice/etc/cachinfo?

(OpenAFS-1.4.11 on Solaris 10 can use any file system as a cache includin=
g ZFS.)

>=20
> Anyone has a similar problem?
> Where could I find more information to post?
>=20
> Thanks in advance.
>=20
> [ ]`s Beto