[OpenAFS] Support for large volumes

Tue, 01 Sep 2009 12:46:20 -0400

Mauro:

No one is working on this at the moment.  The first thing that needs
to be done is to create a list of all of the places in the public
interfaces (wire protocols, pioctls, dump formats, etc) where there
will be an impact as well as local or internal changes.

For public interface changes proposals will need to be developed
and submitted to the AFS3 Standardization mailing list for review
and obtaining consensus.  The result should be an Internet-Draft
style document that can be used as an AFS3 standard for use by
implementers.

For the local and internal changes they need to be submitted for
review on the OpenAFS developers list prior to implementation.
Tools providing for forward and backward migration should accompany
on-disk format changes.

Jeffrey Altman