[OpenAFS] klog doesn't work on snow leopard

Derrick Brashear shadow@gmail.com
Thu, 17 Sep 2009 21:15:41 -0400

On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 9:09 PM, Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH
<allbery@ece.cmu.edu> wrote:
> On Sep 9, 2009, at 05:38 , Enzo Vitale wrote:
>>
>> I have installed Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) on my mac. Then I have
>> installed the 10.4.11 version of OpenAFS (the version for snow leopard),=
 but
>> when I type the klog command I get the following message: "Unable to
>> authenticate to AFS because password was incorrect.". Of course the pass=
word
>> is correct!
>

> This was discussed on the list recently; apparently, passwords longer tha=
> 14 (16?) characters are mishandled. =A0The only workaround at the moment =
is to
> change your password to something shorter.

vice versa. 8 or less.

and that's not "the only" workaround. I gave a path to a corrected
klog. It's also fixed, in 1.5.63, but a bug shipped in 1.5.63 which
means you probably don't want it.