[OpenAFS] Linux packages for 1.5?

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Wed, 07 Apr 2010 11:59:52 -0700

Simon Wilkinson <sxw@inf.ed.ac.uk> writes:

> Those of us actively developing on Linux have been running the 1.5
> series for ages. The fact that other people are seeing problems would
> seem to indicate that testing across a wider variety of systems is
> required. Unfortunately, we don't have the time, or the systems, to do
> this by ourselves. If folk are interested in getting a stable 1.5 (and
> 1.6) for Linux any time this millenia, then we need more people testing
> the builds.

Debian packages will be available from experimental as soon as the fixes
for the things I ran into yesterday are finalized, which will make it
easier for some folks to test hopefully.  At that point, I'll start
running the new client on all of my systems, but they're all recent
kernels and roughly the same basic set of packages, and my usage pattern
is not heavy under normal circumstances.  So I definitely echo Simon here:
please test more and report any problems you encounter.