[OpenAFS] Shared r/w access to numerous sqlite databases: an appropriate application for AFS?

Brandon Simmons brandon.m.simmons@gmail.com
Wed, 7 Apr 2010 22:10:53 -0400

I have a web application in which I would like many client web-servers
to be able to read and write to many separate and modestly-sized
sqlite databases, exported by a master server. Each database
corresponds to an account, so we might have several concurrent users
accessing an individual DB every few seconds.

I have been testing with NFS and haven't had any problems but I'm
concerned with issues of file-locking and caching problems, which the
whole internet seems to be warning about. Would AFS be appropriate for
this?

Thanks for any advice,
Brandon