[OpenAFS] Re: Why does 'fs rmm' not resolve symlinks?

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Wed, 21 Apr 2010 11:00:51 -0500

On Wed, 21 Apr 2010 09:22:33 -0500
Andrew Deason <adeason@sinenomine.net> wrote:

> On Wed, 21 Apr 2010 15:41:01 +0200
> Arne Wiebalck <arne.wiebalck@cern.ch> wrote:
>
> > Looking into the code of fs I see that 'lsm' resolves
> > symlinks before the stat pioctl, while 'rmm' does not.
> > Is there any particular reason for this?
>
> You would rather it remove the target of the symlink? 'rm' and 'rmdir'
> don't work like that, either.

Actually, I'm sorry, I realize I misread your original post. I thought
you were running 'fs rmm' where the last component was a symlink, but
you ran it where one of the intermediary components was a symlink. This
is possibly some odd quirk of the code to not resolve the mountpoint
when trying to remove it, but I'll need to look.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net