[OpenAFS] Re: Why does 'fs rmm' not resolve symlinks?

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Thu, 22 Apr 2010 10:14:44 -0500

On Wed, 21 Apr 2010 11:00:51 -0500
Andrew Deason <adeason@sinenomine.net> wrote:

> This is possibly some odd quirk of the code to not resolve the
> mountpoint when trying to remove it, but I'll need to look.

'fs rmm' just explicitly doesn't resolve symlinks. I don't know why;
it's the only 'fs' command to do so. My original thought had something
to do with avoiding resolving the final to-be-removed mountpoint, but
that doesn't make sense, since the directory-portion and
mountpoint-portion are separate arguments.

Either this is a bug or there's some corner case where not resolving
symlinks is desirable that I'm not seeing. A fix is in
<http://gerrit.openafs.org/1805>.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net