[OpenAFS] Re: -hr option to fileserver, IP address-based ACL delay

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Mon, 23 Aug 2010 12:34:15 -0500

On Mon, 23 Aug 2010 13:14:10 -0400
Derrick Brashear <shadow@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Is there anything I need to know about setting this?  Obviously it's
> > not something one wants to do frequently because its argument is in
> > *hour* units.  Why not?
>
> it hits the ptserver. so one lookup per client system IP from each
> fileserver, every N hours.

You can force the fileserver to refresh the host CPS for certain hosts
by issuing an RXAFS_FlushCPS call to a specific fileserver. There was a
tool floating around at one point that could call that... there's also
some code in the tree (src/venus/cacheout) to do this, but it doesn't
look like it builds; lemme take look at it.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net