[OpenAFS] Re: -hr option to fileserver, IP address-based ACL delay

Derrick Brashear shadow@gmail.com
Mon, 23 Aug 2010 13:49:43 -0400

On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 1:34 PM, Andrew Deason <adeason@sinenomine.net> wro=
te:
> On Mon, 23 Aug 2010 13:14:10 -0400
> Derrick Brashear <shadow@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> > Is there anything I need to know about setting this? =A0Obviously it's
>> > not something one wants to do frequently because its argument is in
>> > *hour* units. =A0Why not?
>>
>> it hits the ptserver. so one lookup per client system IP from each
>> fileserver, every N hours.
>
> You can force the fileserver to refresh the host CPS for certain hosts
> by issuing an RXAFS_FlushCPS call to a specific fileserver. There was a
> tool floating around at one point that could call that...

The 'flushcps' program in /afs/cs.cmu.edu/misc/afstools, presumably.

> there's also
> some code in the tree (src/venus/cacheout) to do this, but it doesn't
> look like it builds; lemme take look at it.

there was a patch to fix that from (i forget) that never made it back,
but istr it's a simple fix.

--=20
Derrick