[OpenAFS] Re: Proposed changes for server log rotation

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Mon, 6 Dec 2010 10:36:26 -0600

On Mon, 6 Dec 2010 16:18:57 +0000
Simon Wilkinson <sxw@inf.ed.ac.uk> wrote:

> >> We could easily structure this change in a way that preserved
> >> backwards compatibility.
> >
> > I'd like to hear how you plan to do that. Old bosservers deal poorly
> > with new BosConfig directives, and a new BosConfig directive is how
> > current bosservers turn on restricted mode.
>
> You don't use an entry in BosConfig to record when re

I expect this was sent prematurely, but I believe I understand what
you're saying :) And yeah, sorry, I was confusing which issue I'm
talking about. Turning on restricted mode doesn't alter BosConfig
(enabling the restricted mode does that).

Turning on restricted mode by default is inherently backwards
incompatible since it turns off 'bos exec' et al. No way around that,
since that's exactly why we want to turn it on in the first place.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net