[OpenAFS] Bash fails to execute on login

Jaap Winius jwinius@umrk.nl
Thu, 09 Dec 2010 04:08:05 +0100

Hi folks,

Back in June I figured out how to get a Kerberos/OpenLDAP/OpenAFS
client working on Debian squeeze. It still runs fine on my main
workstation, but now when I install new squeeze test clients (sans
xserver), upon logging in with ssh, bash fails to execute (in some
cases it won't cd to the user's home directory in AFS either). Of
course, this is not a problem with normal UNIX accounts.

Could it be due to pam_afs_session.so not working properly? If so,
that would be strange, because I'm still using the same PAM
configuration. If not, what else could be going on?

Thanks,

Jaap