[OpenAFS] Re: Bash fails to execute on login

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Wed, 8 Dec 2010 23:02:18 -0600

On Thu, 09 Dec 2010 04:08:05 +0100
Jaap Winius <jwinius@umrk.nl> wrote:

> Back in June I figured out how to get a Kerberos/OpenLDAP/OpenAFS
> client working on Debian squeeze. It still runs fine on my main
> workstation, but now when I install new squeeze test clients (sans
> xserver), upon logging in with ssh,

Logging in how? With GSS, using a password, ... ?

> bash fails to execute (in some  cases it won't cd to the user's home
> directory in AFS either). Of  course, this is not a problem with
> normal UNIX accounts.

I'm not clear on what exactly you mean by "bash fails to execute", but I
take it you can log in, but don't have tokens. (Running 'tokens' will
tell you)

> Could it be due to pam_afs_session.so not working properly? If so,
> that would be strange, because I'm still using the same PAM
> configuration. If not, what else could be going on?

Do you have Kerberos tickets after logging in? ('klist') If you run
aklog, do you get tokens?

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net