[OpenAFS] Ubuntu 10.04 Login Issues

Stephen Joyce stephen@physics.unc.edu
Fri, 10 Dec 2010 09:58:13 -0500 (EST)

I gave up gnome back around RedHat 8.x days due to issues with AFS
homedirs. Has gnome with afs homedirs improved any since then?

Anyway, we don't see the login problems you describe on Kubuntu 10.4. KDE
does have its own issues with lingering processes, but nothing annoying
enough to move to the top of my priority list.

Are you using pam_afs_session? What do the relevant portions of your pam
configs look like, if you don't mind sharing with the group? Actually
first, are CLI console logins reliable and always get tokens? (might be
chasing the wrong goose here, but wanted to start with the basics).

--
Stephen